Connecting for Good (CFG) is a startup non-profit organization based in Kansas City, MO. They offer computers, Wi-Fi, and training to individuals and organizations in low-income neighborhoods. CFG enlisted LS2group’s assistance for public relations work in Kansas City to increase awareness of their efforts and new services.
As the public relations consultant to CFG, LS2group developed a six-month plan to gain exposure for the organization and the services they offer. Our team identified news opportunities, drafted press materials, and worked with news media to place stories about the services offered by CFG and the value they offer to under-resourced neighborhoods.
Specific campaign highlights include the following:
- As a relatively new organization, LS2group helped draft a boilerplate and talking points for CFG to use when interacting with media.
- LS2group helped identify news hooks and drafted press materials around the new location and new and current services impacting the community. The campaign resulted in two interviews and two story placements.
- To raise awareness of the services offered by CFG, LS2group drafted and placed an opinion editorial in the largest newspaper in the area. We also secured an email blast from Broadband for America (BFA) to their database and a tweet about CFG.
- Our teams developed a media advisory and pitched media for the Women of Worth Conference, including information about CFG as a sponsor.
- LS2group drafted a press release about Google Fiber coming to low-income neighborhoods and how Connecting for Good is helping those neighborhoods prepare to access the network.
- We developed a media advisory and pitched media for the several up-and-coming used computer drives in October and November. We secured a spot on the event calendars of the Kansas City Star and the Lee’s Summit Journal and secured TV coverage on KCTV.
LS2group secured a total of 1,239,889 media impressions during this campaign. CFG is recognized as a viable community partner in their efforts to improve connectivity in under-resourced neighborhoods. As a result of LS2group efforts, there has been significant demand for the products, education, and services CFG has to offer.