With continued growth of public relations and public policy clients, LS2group, announces promotions of four staff members and 10 new hires in their Des Moines office, located in Historic East Village.
“Each of these promotions demonstrates the amazing service and high quality work these team members bring to our clients work,” said Karen Slifka, LS2group partner. “We appreciate and recognize their work and look forward to their continued growth with LS2group.”
- Tyler Campbell has been promoted to Senior Account Executive. Tyler is a graduate of the University of Northern Iowa and is from Muscatine, IA.
- Ashley Hunt has also been promoted to Senior Account Executive. Ashley is a graduate of Iowa State University and originally from Iowa Falls, IA.
- Kaity Patchett has been promoted to Director. Kaity is a graduate of the University of Iowa and grew up near Madison, WI.
- Charlotte Eby has been promoted to Managing Director of Government Affairs. Charlotte is a former reporter for Lee Newspapers. She is a graduate of the University of Iowa and a native of Dallas Center, IA.
- Courtney Gordon has been promoted to Account Manager. Courtney is a graduate of Drake University and grew up in Albertville, Minnesota.
“We are also excited about our newest employees to join our firm,” said Slifka. “The strength of our company is based our smart, hard-working team members. These new team members will add new ideas and enthusiasm to our work.”
- Brittany Lumley has joined LS2group as the Managing Director of Government Affairs. Brittany most recently worked in the Iowa House of Representatives as a Research Analyst. She has an undergraduate degree from the University of Iowa and a law degree from Drake University. Brittany is from Ankeny.
- Kelly Nunn is an Account Executive. Before joining LS2group, Kelly owned and operated a portrait photography studio for over a decade. She also created and executed branding and marketing campaigns for small businesses and political races. Kelly has an MBA from the University of Iowa. She and her family reside in Bondurant, IA.
- Jeff Tomkowitz is an Account Manager for LS2group. Jeff most recently worked in the Iowa Secretary of State’s office. Jeff is a graduate of The University of Akron and a native of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Michael Sylvester is an Account Coordinator. Prior to joining LS2group, Mike interned at public and private sector companies across North America. In 2016, he served as a research intern at Navigator Ltd, a public relations firm in Toronto. Michael is a graduate of the University of Iowa and originally from Waukee.
- Sydney Kistenmacher is a Staff Assistant. Before joining LS2group, Sydney interned at a public relations and event management company in Chicago. She is a recent graduate of Iowa State University and originally from Galva, Iowa.
- Ashley Miller is an Account Coordinator. Before joining LS2group, Ashley interned at a public policy firm, gaining experience with the Iowa Legislature. Ashley is a former intern at LS2group, a Drake University graduate and grew up in Decorah, IA.
- Kaye Taylor is an Account Coordinator. Kaye recently worked as a campaign organizer for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 North Carolina General Election, assisting with voter contact, voter registration, event planning, and volunteer retention. She is a graduate of Simpson College. Kaye is originally from West Des Moines.
- Andrew Bates in an Account Coordinator. Prior to joining LS2group, he clerked in the Iowa House of Representatives. Andrew is a University of Iowa graduate and grew up in Arlington Heights, Illinois.
- Lexi Konig is an Account Coordinator. Lexi recently completed a year service term with AmeriCorps. She served in the Iowa Department of Human Rights working with State of Iowa Youth Advisory Council (SIYAC). Lexi is a graduate of Simpson College and a native of Waukee.
- Damian Thompson is an Account Coordinator. Damian holds experience both in the public sector and with nonprofit organizations. He is a graduate of Drake University and although a native Kentuckian, Damian has lived in the Des Moines metro since 2000.
- Nicholas Laning is an Account Coordinator. Prior to joining LS2group, Nick clerked for Representative Guy Vander Linden in the Iowa House for two sessions, worked several federal and local campaigns, and worked in the insurance industry. Nick is a graduate of Simpson College and grew up in Byron, Minnesota.
- Maddy VanderLinden is an Account Coordinator. Before joining LS2group she worked as a digital marketing specialist at a sustainability/ waste solutions company in Columbus, Ohio. She graduated from the University of Iowa and is originally from Des Moines, IA.
LS2group is a bipartisan public relations, public affairs, government affairs and marketing firm. The firm also has offices in Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, and North Dakota.